Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy birthday Singapore-- and me

Happy birthday Singapore! Well done making it through the toughest times, the harshest moments, and becoming a first world country in just 45 years!!! We are small, but we are efficient. I'm proud to be a Singaporean!

Fun fact: Why is 10 August also a holiday?
Because it is Choo Zhan Yi's birthday :)(duh. why would anyone declare 10 Aug a sch holiday for no reason?)

Happy birthday myself!! In an attempt to raise my negative self-esteem, I will be talking more about myself. I celebrated my birthday today instead of tomorrow, and it was just a normal meal outside. I have no need for any presents and have already asked my parents not to get me a present. My father is more than happy not to, but my mother still got me one. My brothers forced me to accept their gifts for me as they wanted a present for their birthdays(Special mention of my youngest brother, who made a birthday card with <5 words on it). I refused when my parents offered to buy a birthday cake. What's the point of all these? I would only celebrate my birthday as if it were a festival when I am at least 65 years old.

I can already feel my gradual maturity. When I was younger, I pestered my mum for the whole day for a cake, then sulked for the whole week if I did not get presents. That was in the past. Now, its all about, examinations, test, ace and recently blogs(Yes, recently). Thanks to myself, I have one more day to wake up late. You know, every student in Singapore should thank me for this holiday. This is a very short post as I need to catch up on some sleep. Will post some more updates about my real birthday tomorrow

10 Aug: My real birthday
Nothing much happened, my brother only remembered to wish me happy birthday at about 11, and I thanked my mother for bringing me to this you(which is a smart move as I will probably get some good stuff to eat during lunch). Next time, instead of my mum getting me a gift, I should give my mum a present. As the chinese say, " A child's birthday is the mother's day of hell" or something like that. My birthday is nothing much, it should be the mother who gets the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment