Friday, August 20, 2010

Always on the losing end of the argument

I am forever on the losing end of an argument. Even during current affairs, when someone posed a question, I am unable to think of any good replies to the question, so the only thing that I can do is just to stare blankly at the wall. After it is over, I would think of a really good reply or comeback. Thus, I would definitely fail all my CA interviews, current affairs discussion and anything that involves debating. I am very worried about this as failing Oral Communications would result in me going to 3Q.

Yesterday, I told my parents about this, and asked them whether I was suffering from "brain-lag", and if so how to make me think faster. My mum said I might be suffering from brain-lag, but my father told me this was not the case. He told me that, I just lack practice in thinking about current affairs. He told me that I should read newspapers and watch the news everyday, and after that, think about how what I saw would affect me. My father told me that while he was reading the news, and he sees some government policies, and immediately he thinks of how it would affect our family. He also offered to help me by listening to me opinions of some of the news weekly, and correct me if I show flawed thinking. If I do this every week, soon I will be able to have a more mature perspective and will have no trouble rebutting some of the questions my classmates pose.

I think I will keep this short and sweet, and go read some newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment