Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dreams and targets

Do you have a dream? Something that you would like to be? Perhaps a doctor, perhaps a scientist. Everyone has something that they work towards, their source of motivation. And a really worrying thing is that I do not have a dream job yet. I am in secondary school now, and I still have no target in life. I have nothing to work towards, and I shouldn't be acting as circumstances dictate. During my CA interview, the teacher interviewing us told us a news article about more and more young people getting drunk at bars and other places. I thought that it was because the people are living in a highly competitive world, and they needed to chill. The teacher told me that it was only applicable for a minority of the cases. The main reason was because the people do not have a goal to work towards. Thus, they have a lot of free time and they spend it getting drunk. If someone has a goal, he would work towards it until he has achieved his target. Thus, dreams are very important.

Again, I am using my father as an example. Yesterday we had a long talk and we covered many topics, including my previous post of me having the "brain-lag disease". This is the second topic we covered.

" So Zhan Yi, what do you hope to become?"
"Dunno."

My father then proceeded to tell me the importance of having a dream, which are all listed above. He then told me that when he was a kid, he had dreams of living in a big house, driving a car, able to get on a plane...and "now (he) was able to fulfill (his) dreams". My grandfather was an architect, and it is during this time when my father was interested in being an architect too. When my father was older, he requested some friends to assist him in setting up a company. Then when they set up the company, my father set targets every year, and he would try his best to make sure his targets were achieved. Thus, his company got more and more successful every year and my father was able to achieve his target

Having a dream, or a target, is something that is necessary in life, as it would be your source of motivation, to keep you moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment